A garage door is the largest and heaviest moving item in a house, it is also one of the most overlooked.
Like every other mechanical device you own, your garage door and opener (where fitted)
require regular inspection and maintenance to ensure safe, smooth, reliable operation.
We want to make sure that you and your family know how to operate and maintain your
garage door system safely at all times.
The garage door and opener are not toys. They are dangerous if misused, and can cause
serious injury or even death.
It is important to familiarise yourself on how to operate your door manually in case of power failure.
Here are a few DOOR SAFETY TIPS that everyone in your household should know:
- Children should never be allowed to play with the garage door or its operating system.
- The wall mounted entry keypads for a garage door operating system should be mounted
at least 1.5 metres off the floor, out of the reach of children.
- Never stand or walk under a moving garage door.
- Always keep the door in view until the door is fully opened or fully closed.
- Keep fingers and hands away from door sections.
- Keep your garage door regularly maintained and serviced by an experienced technician.
- NEVER attempt to repair garage door springs or cables or service a garage door.
- If someone has backed into the garage door, it is a good idea to have the door inspected
by a qualified technician.
- A full list of safety guidelines are available on the B&D website www.bnd.com.au/safety